Location: Central London
Salary: up to 50,000 doe + bonus + benefits
Job type: Permanent
Major record label seeks a Senior Data Analyst to join their in house global insight consultancy based in London to support and develop their growing commercial data-based projects and capabilities.
Handling a range of data sources and with expertise in various research areas, they provide unique detail into evolving attitudes and behaviours of today’s music consumers and their artists’ audiences. Servicing clients across business, they deliver actionable insights that feed into strategy, operation, and promote revenue optimisation. Database analytics and data extraction will be using SQL and hands-on statistical modeling using R and Python.
Your role within this team will be to take broad business questions from which you will develop engaging briefs and translate them into a clearly structured solution. This will include:
- Driving projects from start to finish: define the data needed, conduct the analysis and come up with conclusive answers and specific strategic recommendations.
- Performing analysis on large sets of commercial data to identify actionable recommendations
- Developing new ways to look at data, creating new frameworks of data analysis and interpretation for the business.
- Applying contextual knowledge about artists and the music industry in your commercial data analysis and interpretation.
- Understanding and communicating the implications of the changes in the music landscape in the data analysis interpretation.
As this is a global team you will be working closely with the Data / Analytics teams in the USA and other countries, coordinating efforts and leading on a global level approach.
Your background will ideally include the entertainment/tech industry, but more important will be your proven track record of delivering effective and innovative ways to use data to drive recommendations to a business and extensive experience performing hands-on analysis with large datasets. This is a truly exciting role that delivers important strategic direction. We’re looking for someone who can bring new ideas and technical rigour to an already dynamic and successful team.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies