Location: West Midlands (Region)
Salary: c.£30,000 + benefits
Job type: Permanent
Not-for-profit innovation hub at the forefront of the global transition to low carbon energy usage seeks a User Researcher for their Consumer Insight Team.
The Insight team is there to put consumers at the heart of their work, gathering and analysing data to produce insights about how and why consumers use energy, and using this insight to work with industry and the public sector to design and deliver consumer-centred low carbon energy products, services and policies.
As a User Researcher you will join the team running projects where consumers are trialing new products and services in their own homes. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of a new research trial whilst learning multiple new skills in this expanding organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out user research with innovative products and services in people’s homes
- Working with other researchers to co-ordinate and operationalize the research plan
- Working with project managers to plan and monitor project progress
- Designing research materials including questionnaires, discussion guides and other design materials
- Taking over ownership and managing own workload and deadlines
- Analysing, interpreting and combining user research from a range of sources such as online diaries, face to face interviews, technical support calls, and sensor data
- Reporting complex research findings in a manner that is creative and engaging
Within the first 12 months you will be:
- Running an in-home research trial of new energy products and services
- Planning and creating high quality research material
- Undertaking qualitative interviews with trialists – face to face, via telephone or online
- Helping to create research plans for up and coming trials or research projects
With experience in a commercial research role and ideally a degree including formal research methods, you will be comfortable working with qualitative and quantitative data.
A vibrant Birmingham City Centre location and a supportive team within an enjoyable and flexible work environment, this is a rare opportunity to join a centre of excellence as they seek to future proof our nation and its resources.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies