Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £80,000 + bens
Job type: Permanent
The essence of this role is to successfully lead and develop a portfolio of projects for an Innovations and Market Intelligence team working in the Global Cities and Towns space. The role requires the vision and ability to work on projects from end-to-end, helping to develop new business from existing projects/accounts and shaping new opportunities while ensuring they are progressed with efficiency for maximum value creation and impact. The ideal candidate will have a proven content and context knowledge in two or more of the following: Housing, UK Cities, Digital Transformation, Service Provision and Technology. The role will require some travel nationally and internationally.
- Lead the development of project and programme planning and proposals in collaboration with external clients and internal project teams.
- Provide excellent front line management to the Bid-Coordinator, including setting objectives, providing performance feedback, mentoring, communicating corporate messages, and daily management.
- Create strategies to develop short and long-term commercial and collaborative research & development revenue streams.
- Working with the Market Intelligence Team to anticipate customer trends, predicting and understanding requirements. Proactively assess, articulate and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provide clear reporting across commercial teams.
- Work with the wider Delivery Team and PMO to ensure a full understanding of project scope and specifications, acting as the ‘voice of the customer’.
- Attend, network and present at events.
- Help recruit and line manage direct reports.
- Negotiate contracts (e.g. shared IP ownership).
- Proactively assess, articulate and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Take responsibility for project-related customer and stakeholder management, resulting in high levels of satisfaction with each project.
- Help shape the development of the Account and New Business Management community, including mentoring and skills development as necessary.
- Foster a collaborative environment that bring the best thought-leadership, content and innovation to the project to achieve the greatest impact.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable track record of developing and winning commercial and collaborative research and development contracts.
- Have demonstrable experience of working with City Leaders, SME’s and blue chip clients, and ideally have a strong network within these sectors.
- Hold excellent and confident interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to portray a strong professional image, as well as an outgoing, motivated and proactive approach.
- Easily build new relations and networks in a professional or personal environment.
- Have strong but subtle negotiation skills with a consultative approach.
- Hold a strong team ethic and integrity, with the ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the technology arena and excellent commercial awareness.
- Have effective and efficient organisational skills, including project and time management.
- Be able to simplify complex issues.
- Able to take difficult decisions and respond constructively to pressure.
- Share learning and expertise across and beyond the organisation.
- 8+ years' experience of working within a similar position, ideally in a high growth organisation, start-up or consultancy.
- Track record in a project-led environment including commercial development and portfolio management.
- Ability to build, guide and motivate a team to deliver outstanding results on projects.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies