Location: West Midlands (Region)
Salary: Up to 35k + Benefits
Job type: Permanent
Exciting opportunity is to join an established team in an innovative and progressive organisation dedicated to helping the UK in transferring to low carbon energy. The Consumer Insight Team plays an important part in this, gathering and analysing data to produce insights about how and why consumers use energy, and using this insight to work with others to design and deliver consumer-centred low carbon energy products, services and policies.
As a Senior User Researcher in the trials team you will work with key members of the Consumer Insights team on designing and testing new product and service concepts. Working with the User Research Team Manager you will use your robust experience in user research to shape our research capabilities. The research is largely qualitative – interviewing consumers and running co-creation workshops.
You will take ownership and accountability of research projects that are at different stages within the trials team, define research questions/objectives in line with business or project objectives, work directly with project managers to plan and monitor project progress and independently design, conduct and analyse user research
Within the first 12 months you will make suggestions of how to improve processes and the way we work together and contribute towards new bids and develop new research services
What credentials are we ideally looking for ?
- Proven ability working as an independent researcher on an extensive range of projects.
- Must have significant experience of leading complex research projects in the field of user research and/or Human Computer Interaction.
- Experience of mentoring, supervising or line managing researchers.
- Evidence of creating innovative research methodology and design to test or understand new concepts.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams (i.e. data scientists, designers, statisticians) to define analysis to understand consumer behaviour.
- Scope research requirements and writing research proposals or bids (i.e. field trials, multiple phase research design, ethnographic approaches etc).
- Ideally experience working with design teams or creating user requirements for new products or services.
- Significant experience communicating user research findings to key stakeholders.
- Practical experience implementing new processes or methods, ways of working within an organisation/team.
- Evidence of interest and participation in the UX/product/service design community to learn about new and current trends (e.g. giving talks at meet-up events, writing a personal blog, finding out about new courses and conferences).
- Comfortable prioritising and taking initiative over workload.
- Enjoys taking ownership over projects and ensuring they stay on track.
- A degree or Masters in a relevant subject.
- Preferably possess a PhD (e.g. psychology, sociology, biology, human factors/ergonomics).
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies