Salary: Excellent package
Job type: Permanent
Insights dept. of a specialist organisation focused on technology in the media industry seeks a new team member to join them. This is a junior position in the team but we require some experience and understanding of media tech and a real passion to grow in the industry. The role will ideally be based in Luxembourg but remote working will be considered after an initial training period.
The Business Intelligence Unit is responsible for the aggregation and maintenance of IABM’s of Insight & Analysis content. The media technology industry has gone through enormous change over the past few years and new customer demands have driven new business models which rely on new technologies such as cloud and machine learning to power them. As a result, the journey of content from the creator right through to the consumer is being transformed. This role will focus on creating research reports and data-driven stories on the changing media technology sector. It will also include gathering varied industry information and collaborating with the team on data entry, management and analysis. Our clients research portfolio includes technology adoption trackers, ad-hoc research projects and strategic industry analyses published before important industry events. The content and output relies on exclusive niche sector research, business and financial analysis as well as structured surveys and interviews with executives at both technology and media organizations. This is a unique opportunity to undertake a demanding and fascinating role in an exciting and growing industry community like media technology.
We seek a highly eclectic, intelligent and creative individual with excellent writing and analysis skills who is organized and accurate in their work practices. Independence and adaptability are also key in this role as you will dive deep into fast-changing technology. This role provides the opportunity to travel around the world to attend industry and provides the opportunity to study and cover key emerging technologies such as cloud, machine learning, blockchain, and 5G. You will work on different research projects, discuss media technology trends with major players in the sector and deliver presentations at major industry events.
- Write, edit and publish research reports to meet tight deadlines
- Create compelling, data-driven stories and reports on various digital platforms
- Gather industry information through the analysis of various sources including news, whitepapers, company reports, technology announcements, interviews etc.
- Manage and analyze both structured and unstructured information
- Design, deliver and analyze qualitative and quantitative “C” level surveys
- Invite and respond to one-to-one enquiries from member companies with commentary about market conditions and sector performance
Desirable Skills & Experience
- BSc degree Journalism, Economics, Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent business writing/editorial skills – this is a must
- Excellent ability to work with data to produce accurate research, including reports and presentations, in a creative way
- Excellent ability to represent unstructured information in a visual fashion
- Knowledge of one data visualization/infographics tool such as Tableau, PowerBI, Infogram etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new technologies and swiftly adapt to the new challenges posed by the role
- Ability to efficiently gather and manage relevant industry knowledge
- Ability to work independently, proactively and without support
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver presentations at industry events
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 2-3 years of experience in technology research roles including consumer electronics, IT industry etc.
- Experience in designing surveys and/or questionnaires
- Basic knowledge of supply chain management concepts
- Basic knowledge of the broadcast and media industry
- Passion for the broadcast and media industry
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies