Location: Central London
Salary: to c. £50,000 bens
Job type: Permanent
Our client has set out a well-funded 5 year strategy with major investment across the whole charity and a significant focus on developing research, knowledge and information.
This charity is the leading commissioner of prevention and treatment services within their area of social concern across Great Britain. Their vision is based on a whole-system approach, which acknowledges the many other organisations, networks and individuals they will work with to deliver programmes across health, education and broader society impact across all sectors of society. The research carried out provides advice and information, raises awareness and keeps people safe.
The purpose of the role is to lead on the research, monitoring and evaluation activity needed to support public awareness and marketing campaigns and Brand Tracker across a range of high profile communications; to develop knowledge that:
- Builds the evidence for awareness raising, education and treatment approaches, design and commissioning.
- Informs advocacy and influences policymaking at national and local level.
As a leader, the role will contribute to achieving the organisation’s strategic priorities:
- Accelerate engagement and awareness to deliver targeted activity to raise awareness, reduce stigma and encourage engagement with information and advice, support and treatment services.
- Transform capacity and capability by collaborating with the NHS, public health agencies, local authorities, and voluntary sector organisations across England, Scotland, and Wales to support the growth of an integrated system of prevention provision.
- Increase equity and champion diversity to understand and address inequalities in experiences, access to services and outcomes for those experiencing gambling harm. We will take a collaborative approach working with a diversity of communities to ensure that support, services, treatment and pathways to services are accessible and effective
- Deliver best-in-class commissioning with the focus on improving processes and systems to enhance good governance, maximising transparency and value for money. We will include the voice of those with lived experience in the co-production of awareness raising, support, and treatment services.
- Develop Calls for Proposals for commissioning research and evaluations with regards to all brand and advertising campaigns
- Establish and manage the evaluation process for research proposals and preparation of recommendations for the awarding of funds through internal governance procedures
- Agree project milestones, research outputs and key milestones with research teams to provide the framework for monitoring of delivery, in conjunction with programme management colleagues.
- Manage a robust quality assurance process of research produced by commissioned teams and its alignment with the Research Brief
- Coordinate and communicate with expert steering groups, obtaining their advice to ensure the quality and impact of research.
- Facilitate the peer review process and check and comment on interim and final research reports and outputs as necessary.
- Maintain oversight of project budgets ensuring delivery against project milestones and payment schedules.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Contribute to and support the work of the wider Insights team work
We seek experienced primary researchers, either from an agency or clientside background. You will have worked with qual and quant data specifically in the area of advertising and branding and have demonstrable experience of leading on ad and brand research campaigns – both ad hoc and brand trackers. As this organisation is within the public health arena, social research backgrounds will be highly desirable in terms of understanding the social issues as well as working with charity, government and other broader social groups.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies