Location: Central London
Salary: to c. £50,000 bens
Job type: Permanent
Our client has set out a well-funded 5 year strategy with major investment across the whole charity and a significant focus on developing research and evaluation.
This charity is the leading commissioner of prevention and treatment services within their area of social concern across Great Britain. Their vision is based on a whole-system approach, which acknowledges the many other organisations, networks and individuals they will work with to deliver programmes across health, education and broader society impact across all sectors of society. The research and evaluation carried out provides advice and information, raises awareness and keeps people safe.
The purpose of the role is to manage a portfolio of independent external evaluations of initiatives. You will be joining a new team, Evaluation and Monitoring, and they are currently developing the strategic plan for this department including the impact frameworks. The first step is to build capacity within evaluation, where the aim is to:
- Commission evaluations to underpin education and treatment commissioning across the spectrum of public health (primary, secondary, tertiary prevention levels)
- Build the evidence base of what works for whom in education and in treatmentto ensure evidence-informed services are developed according to need within a robust and accountable system, and that funding is allocated efficiently and independently.
- Build evaluation capacity across the wider sector.
As a leader, the role will contribute to achieving the organisation’s overall strategic priorities:
- Accelerate engagement and awareness to deliver targeted activity to raise awareness, reduce stigma and encourage engagement with information and advice, support and treatment services.
- Transform capacity and capability by collaborating with the NHS, public health agencies, local authorities, and voluntary sector organisations across England, Scotland, and Wales to support the growth of an integrated system of prevention provision.
- Increase equity and champion diversity to understand and address inequalities in experiences.
We seek significant experience of designing, executing, managing or commissioning complex evaluation projects using a range of evaluation methodologies, knowledge and experience of theory-based evaluation, strong experience of evaluation management processes including defining and managing project risk, monitoring progress and quality assurance protocols, knowledge and understanding of the range of research organisations working in the field of evaluation and solid experience of building positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders across a wide landscape. Experience gained in third or government sector is essential is highly desirable. There is excellent opportunity to really make an impact and develop and grow in this role.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies