Salary: up to £55,000 + bens
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking to develop a career in within a top research organisation, working with government depts. and arms-lengths government bodies? Do you have research and evaluation experience within the Energy and Environment sector?
Our client is seeking to grow their team to help continued growth working with policy teams, covering one of the most innovative and fast-moving policy areas within the UK and internationally. Responding to the needs of the UK government and its agencies to help it design, deliver and evaluate policies in areas critical to the achievement of net zero, climate resilience, biodiversity and the just transition. Some of the principal themes are: decarbonisation, clean growth, low carbon innovation and entrepreneurship, public attitudes and behaviour and circular economy. We are looking for a Senior Consultant or n Associate Director with economic and impact evaluation expertise
You will be responsible for the management of large-scale impact and economic evaluations. These will commonly assess the impacts of government interventions on economic growth, markets, RD&I, jobs and skills, investment, trade and national leadership and reputation. Crucially, this will involve evaluating national and international progress in meeting grand challenges.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing large scale and high profile impact and economic evaluation projects. This will involve: ensuring projects are delivered to budget and timescale; developing and maintaining client relationships; designing and adapting project plans; selecting and managing a team effectively and efficiently; planning ahead and managing project risks; delivering accessible and concise reporting outputs, with clear conclusions and recommendations; and managing quality with the support of the project director.
- Designing robust and fit-for-purpose evaluation approaches, frameworks and methodologies at both bid and inception stage (and as projects require adaptation). The kinds of methods covered will include econometric analysis (panel data models - fixed and random effects), cost-benefit analysis, data-linking, experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluation methods (RCTs, matching methods) and, possibly, modelling
- Contributing to strategic decisions about our approach to the market.
- Playing a leading role in developing our position in the market and increasing our portfolio and reputation with existing clients as well as new clients.
- Involvement in the strategic, operational and people management.
- Close working with our primary research teams and our partners to deliver evaluation studies and provide advisory inputs.
- Developing the skills of other colleagues within the team through technical leadership, effective feedback and coaching.
- A strong academic background in social sciences (especially economics), engineering or climate sciences.
- Proven experience delivering impact and economic evaluation projects in a commercial and/or consultancy environment, demonstrating the ability to oversee project delivery to tight timescales and budgets.
- A good understanding of energy and/or environmental policy and a track record of conducting evaluations for clients
- Ideally a familiarity with specific energy, carbon emissions and environment datasets and data analysis experience.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies