Salary: to £45,000
Job type: Permanent
Great opportunity to bring your market or social research experience to a fascinating and worthwhile topic area. Highly respected independent research agency specialising in the issue-based, international and socio-political space seeks a new team member to serve their growing portfolio of clients. This position offers the opportunity to work on primary research mixed methods, public opinion projects of citizens across the world covering some of the most important contemporary issues (security, democracy, development, etc.) and this role focuses on research in Africa. Experience of research in African and / or other developing countries would be an advantage. The focus of the work is on quant methods (survey based and so we seek strong quant researchers with ability and/or experience with qual methods.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with clients across government departments and NFP organisations
- Develop a thorough understanding of how client requirements translate into research projects
- Become a trusted advisor to clients, for example, challenging their approach where necessary and offering better solutions
- Develop knowledge and expertise in your clients’ geographies and sectors
- Lead a team of researchers to ensure the successful delivery of projects according to client needs and objectives
- Input into the design, costs, and contribute to discussion about how to resource projects.
- Delivering start-to-finish project management for clients including:
- Identify and solve basic problems with projects – escalating more complex projects to an Associate / Research Director
- Travel for business purposes – conducting training, client briefings and presentations as required
- Lead by example when working with junior staff
- Line manage junior staff members
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies