Location: Central London
Salary: £25,000 + bens, rising to £28,00 after probation
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a Communications agency dedicated to tackling complex behavioural and social issues. Clients include a range of governments, INGO's, foundations and multilaterals, and the research they provide has a strong focus on using multimedia campaigns to counter social issues in order to inform and guide these campaigns, a specialist open-source research team has been established within this unti and we seek a new recruit to join the monitoring team, responsible for tracking all aspects of media and social media across middle eastern countries. This analyst will be responsible for reviewing online and offline media and liaising with stringers on the ground to provide regular guidance on a range of countries in the Middle East.
- Use a suite of social media monitoring tools to track the information environment across countries in the Middle East.
- Work with local stringers in these countries, and support on the expansion of this stringer network.
- Produce regular written reports which convert this information into insights to guide communications strategy and drive the editorial cycle of digital comms platforms.
- Respond to any ad hoc research requests, for example in response to specific events or announcements
- Work closely with the qual and quant research and strategy teams
Skills and experience
- Understanding of open-source research techniques, particularly monitoring of media and social media
- Interest in geopolitics and international relations
- Fluent in Arabic (preferably Levant or Iraq dialects)
- Understanding of communications, particularly digital media
- Excellent written work, for example through experience in journalism
- Understanding of Middle East politics and culture
We would expect applicants to be recent graduates or MA students, with up to three years professional experience. Masters degrees in Conflict studies, International Development or similar, would be particularly valuable here.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies