Location: North East
Salary: c.£28,000 + benefits
Job type: Permanent
Great opportunity to join an Insights and Propositions team within Higher Education. The purpose of the team is to provide market intelligence and insight across the business.
We are seeking an insight professional with a commercial focus who has proven skills in data analysis as well as managing a wide range of market research projects. The successful candidate will have experience of using both qualitative and quantitative techniques to identify market opportunities and improve customer experience. This role includes designing and managing research conducted in-house as well as working with external agencies to deliver actionable insight to the organisation. The role also includes the development and maintenance of reports and large datasets, analysing and interpreting market trends and communicating research outcomes clearly and comprehensively.
The successful candidate will need exceptional IT skills, with particular strengths in data analysis, as well as proven experience in analysing and interpreting a range of research sources. The role requires knowledge and proven experience of research methodologies and analytical techniques in a commercial environment, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and explain analyses to a range of stakeholders. Survey design and execution is highly desirable, as this will be a major part of the role and the any experience building dashboards is advantageous. The successful candidate will have initiative and be able to work well independently on projects as well as collaboratively with the team.
- Support strategic objectives through market research, insight and analysis utilising a variety of methodologies.
- Plan, design, and execute research projects and present actionable findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Identify and utilise appropriate data analysis and statistical tools and analyse data from a wide range of information sources, to inform strategic decisions.
- Develop new and engaging ways to disseminate insight to colleagues through data visualisation.
- Develop and execute strategic market analysis; monitor industry and competitive trends and assess the implications.
- Establish credibility for the team and develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to colleagues in Global Marketing & Business and the wider organisation, in support of their market research and intelligence requirements.
- Undertake detailed analysis of internal and external data (both quantitative and qualitative) to evaluate performance, market trends and positioning and provide recommendations.
- Continuous market scanning to help identify and evaluate trends, new market opportunities and develop HE knowledge.
- Proactively stay up to date on new market research and analysis techniques to optimise the level of insight being utilised within the organisation.
- Brief and manage external agencies to deliver meaningful, actionable insight.
Apply for this vacancy Find more vacancies